Purpose of this Blog

2021 Theme verse
"Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth." 1 Timothy 2:15


Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Starting a new season

One thing I enjoy about living in western PA is the change in seasons. My favorites are Spring and Summer, but Fall is pretty close. Winter and the snow are okay until Christmas, then I’m ready for Spring again. Fall is certainly a beautiful time of the year and I like the crisp coolness in the mornings. I doubt you came to this blog to hear about my preferences for seasons of the year, so let me move on…

Things are changing, cold weather is soon upon us and there is much uncertainty in the world. We will be finishing our study of Ecclesiastes this Sunday. Along the way, we’ve learned that life outside of God is vanity, emptiness and meaningless. People work and strive all their lives for things that they believe will make life good, or better than it was anyway, only to come to the end of life and find that our worldly pursuits really didn’t satisfy or give anything lasting. What does last, and what is meaningful, is living a life in unity with God, being loved by Him and loving Him back. That is where we find peace, joy, contentment, fulfillment, and purpose.

Starting in November, we will take some time to give thanks and begin a new study on another Book of the Bible (I’m not saying which one it is yet, but it will be a good one because they are all good!). I’ll let you know within a couple weeks what we will be studying. In the meantime, don’t wait until November 27; give thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment